SharePoint Search Box has disappeared
If you go to your SharePoint site and your search box is missing then your search service isn’t running correctly here are things that I have done in the past to get it going
- Perform an IIS reset (quite often this gets everything going again)
- In Central Admin go to services on farm (http://<CentralAdminSite>/_admin/Server.aspx) and check your search service is running.
- In ‘Services’ on your server check that the search services are running.
- In IIS check that your App pools for the Search Service (and any others SharePoint Services) are running – none should have a little black square. If they are not, start them and check after a few minutes to see if they are still running, if not check the username and passwords they are running under (see 5.)
- In the app pool right click and select advanced settings then re-enter the identity name and password
- Check search scopes are set up correctly
- If all of the above fails you may have to resort to creating a Search Service Application in central admin. (http:// <CentralAdminSite>/_admin/ServiceApplications.aspx) – Remember to associate you Web Applications to this new Search Service once you have it all configured